No products in the cart.
Who we are
We at Hokaar (“we”, or “us”) recognize the importance of privacy and confidentiality of personal information.
Hokaar.com (“Hokaar” or, the “Platform”) is a business to consumer (or “B2C”) platform which connects and facilitates sales and purchases between business sellers (or “Sellers”) and consumer buyers (or “Buyers”).
Collection Of Information
The personal information that we collect broadly falls into the following categories:
Information That You Provide To Us:
If you are a Buyer, we will ask you to provide:
· contact information including: name; address; phone number; email address;
· purchase and/or payment information including: credit card or similar payment information that you intend to purchase with; billing and delivery address;
· information about your purchases including: the goods purchased and how many;
· information about and/or to support complaints made in connection with the Platform or goods and/or services purchased via the Platform;
· ID (such as a passport): for identification verification in certain circumstances, when you apply for after-sales services.
If you are a Seller (i.e. an employee or representative of a Seller or a sole trader Seller (we’ll refer to you as a Seller)), we will ask you to provide:
· information about the Seller’s business (if applicable): including corporate registration, business licences (if applicable), tax or similar information;
· details about the goods and products that the Seller intends to sell via the Platform;
· purchase and/or payment information including bank account or other payment information that the Seller intends to be paid by.
If you choose to provide us with any additional information, such as in response to questionnaires for market research / analytics. This may include marital status, nationality, gender, date and/or year of birth, annual income, monthly spending and user preferences. If you prefer not to provide such information, the use of our services and products will not be affected.
Information That We Collect Automatically:
If you are a Buyer or Seller or prospective Buyer or Seller we will automatically collect:
· A copy of any correspondence with us, including any verification information we ask for, if you contact us for any reason (such as our customer service department chat service, telephone or email).
· Details of transactions and communications over the Platform, including the types and specifications of the goods sold and purchased, pricing and delivery information, any dispute records, communications between Buyers and Sellers over the Platform and any information disclosed in any discussion forum.
· Details of Platform buying and browsing activities, for these purposes we will automatically collect information from your device. In some jurisdictions, including countries in the European Economic Area, the UK and Brazil, this information may be considered as personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, this collected information may include IP addresses, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), browsing patterns and details of how you have interacted with our Platform and the goods and services available on it. In addition, we gather information about the Platform and visitors to the Platform, including browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the section E “COOKIES” below. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your prior consent to the collection of information using cookies and similar tracking technologies. We also may derive or collect inferences about you based on your buying and browsing activity information and other information we have collected about you.
We may collect information about the people or accounts with whom you share content or interact and contact information if you choose to upload or import it from a device (such as an address book)
Information That We Receive From Third Parties:
If you are a Buyer or Seller we may receive personal information about you from:
· Social media platforms if you choose to register for a Platform account via a social media account. Exactly what information we receive will depend on your privacy settings with the applicable platform, but would typically include basic public profile information such as:
· Your social media user name, nickname or username
· Your social media profile picture
· Company name (if applicable).
· Third parties that are engaged by us to provide verification services, such as conducting suitable money laundering, fraud and “Know Your Customer” checks on Buyers and Sellers. This may include your name, email address, company details and contact information.
DISCLOSURE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We disclose/share personal information with the following categories of recipients:
· Other Platform Buyers and/or Sellers where necessary to support purchases and communications made between you. If you are a Buyer, Sellers that you purchase from will also control personal information about you relevant to or connected with your Platform purchases and communications with them. Please refer to Seller Privacy Policies for information about how they will process your information.
· our business partners (for example, in order for them to provide you with discounts or offers that may interest Buyers or prospective Buyers) where you have consented to receiving such information from them if required by applicable data protection laws;
· credit risk assessment providers to conduct risk assessment on Sellers to determine whether a Seller can be permitted to make an advance withdrawal;
· logistics partners for providing delivery services for Buyers and Sellers, including return and exchange of products, and warehousing services for Sellers;
· customs agents for customs clearances purposes, where applicable to support Buyers and Sellers with international sales/purchases;
· cloud computing or other hosting service providers to provide cloud storage services;
· warranty service providers to provide product warranty services where requested by a Buyer or Seller;
· customer service support providers to provide after-sale services or other customer service support;
· risk control service providers to assess the security of Buyer and Seller accounts and transaction risks; and
· third party rating / reviewing service providers to carry out reviews of our services with customers if you choose to participate in reviewing or rating Platform products and/or services;
· To our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organisations where we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or protect your vital interests or those of any other person; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
· To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
Under applicable laws, you may have rights of access to personal information held by us and other rights.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a string of information that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same browser or device to access the Platform, our web servers will be notified of your visit to the Platform and, in turn, we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage.
Cookies set by the site or app owner (in this case, AliExpress) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by third parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your device both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Cookies are also categorized as “session cookies” (which are erased once you close the browser or shut down the device) and “persistent cookies” (which remain even after closing the browser or shutting down the device/application and which are activated each time you visit the Platform). Session cookies use encrypted data to authenticate you. Persistent cookies do not store account numbers or passwords. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies.
We use first and third party cookies for several reasons.
Some cookies are required for technical and/or security reasons in order for our Platform to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. First party cookies are mainly served to enable basic functionality on our Platform; including web analytics cookies that help us understand how users use our web pages and how we can improve their use. For example, we use essential or strictly necessary cookies to enable us to remember goods added to your shopping basket and to recognize you when you sign into your account.
We also use social media cookies. You may register for Platform membership and “share” Platform content through social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Sometimes we embed videos from websites like YouTube. These websites have their own privacy policies which govern their use of information, which you can find on the respective websites.
Suggested text: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.